Apply to Swedish for Academics
Important dates for autumn semester 2022
- 2 May, 2022: application opens
- 8 August, 2022: last day to apply
- 15–16 August, 2022: placement test for those who have prior knowledge of Swedish (online)
- 25 August, 2022: notification about admission will be sent out by email. Remember to check your spam folder.
- Week 35 (Friday September 2), 2022: course start
Good to know
- The courses are only available for employees at Uppsala University.
- If you have prior knowledge of Swedish, but haven't taken a Swedish for Academics course before at UU, we recommend you to take the diagnostic test. This way, you can get placed in one of the higher levels directly.
- If you have taken a course (Swedish for Academics or Basic Swedish) at the Department of Scandinavian Languages before, you don't need to write the diagnostic test to apply for the next level.
- If you participate in a Swedish for Academics course this semester, you should apply directly and do not need to wait for the exam results to apply to the next semester.
- If you are a beginner in Swedish, you do not need to write the diagnostic test. Apply to Swedish for Academics 1.
- The selection is done on a first come, first served basis. You have priority if you applied for the last semester's course without receiving a place.