Qualifying Courses in Swedish as a Foreign Language
For those with a foreign prior education who do not have Swedish as their mother tongue and do not yet have qualification in Swedish, there are three courses at different levels: Qualifying course in Swedish level 1, 2 and 3. Each level consists of full-time studies during one semester.
The goal of the courses is to prepare you for studies at Swedish universities. The communicative ability is practised both orally and in writing. Passing results in the Qualifying course provides qualification in Swedish for higher education in Sweden.
The following qualification requirements apply:
- Basic qualification for university in Sweden (e.g. completed foreign upper-secondary education).
- The courses require prior knowledge of Swedish.
This prior knowledge in Swedish is tested through a compulsory entrance exam. The results determine which course you can be admitted to. If the results do not reach the level for any of the courses, you will not be admitted. If you applied and qualify, you will be called to the entrance exam.
If you pass Qualifying Course level 1, you get a place in Qualifying Course level 2.
If you pass Qualifying Course level 2, you get a place in Qualifying Course level 3.
The final exam for the Qualifying Course level 3 is a test that is equivalent to the Test in Swedish for university studies, Tisus. Passing results in the Qualifying course provides qualification in Swedish for higher education in Sweden.
Information regarding the Coronavirus
We will update our information regarding the autumn semester as soon as we can.
Our qualifying courses get new names
For the autumn semester 2020, our qualifying courses in Swedish are given new names.
- Qualifying Course in Swedish level 1 used to be called Introductory Course in Swedish.
- Qualifying Course in Swedish level 2 used to be called Preparatory Course in Swedish.
- Qualifying Course in Swedish level 3 used to be called Qualifying Course in Swedish.
- Late application for the autumn semester's Qualifying courses in Swedish opens on July 15. Last day for submitting a late application is July 27.
- Apply on www.antagning.se.
- An entrance exam for late applicants will take place on August 14.
- The autumn semester 2020 starts on August 31.